A lot of men don't really care about what fabric they wear for their undies as long as if gives the support they wanted. From many types of fabrics used in the production of underwear, Bamboo Modal is the most natural, eco-friendly cotton alternative.
Bamboo Modal fabric is made from the soft inner viscose core of the bamboo plants. Plants? Yes, that's why it's eco-friendly and unlike other materials, they don't use insecticides or herbicides so they don't contribute to local and water toxic pollution as a result!
It uses 15-20 times less water than cotton to cultivate, this bamboo modal has emerged as a strong alternative fabric.
Bamboo Modal is less toxic than synthetic fabrics. If clothes are treated with chemicals, our skin may absorb some of the chemicals used regardless if they have been washed several times! Body Ecology talks about the chemicals utilized in the productions of synthetic fabrics:
1. Polyesteris the worst fabric you can buy. It is made from synthetic polymers that are made from esters of dihydric alcohol and terephthalic acid.
2. Acrylic fabrics are polyacrylonitriles and may cause cancer, according to the EPA.
3. Rayon is recycled wood pulp that must be treated with chemicals like caustic soda, ammonia, acetone and sulphuric acid to survive regular washing and wearing.
4. Acetate and Triacetate are made from wood fibers called cellulose and undergo extensive chemical processing to produce the finished product.
5. Nylon is made from petroleum and is often given a permanent chemical finish that can be harmful.
6. Anything static resistant, stain resistant, permanent press, wrinkle-free, stain proof or moth repellant. Many of the stain resistant and wrinkle-free fabrics are treated with perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs), like Teflon.
Bamboo Modal is more sustainable. When it comes to sustainability, Bamboo Modal is generally more sustainable than any other fabrics used for underwear. Since it is made out of Bamboo, it decomposes quickly. Because synthetic fibers are essentially plastic, they're not quickly biodegradable.
Bamboo Modal underwear is a great investment. Synthetic fabrics begin to break down much more quickly than Bamboo Modals, especially with frequent washing. Fabrics begin to pill. Bamboo Modal underwear may be a little more expensive than the other types, but it is a better investment in the long run!
by Allan PerrottetMarch 16, 20202 min read0 Comments
We've been following the serious situation caused by the spread of the COVID-19. The wellness of community is first and foremost on our minds....To lessen this, we have pledged to donate 1 piece of bodywear for every piece that is sold from today for the next 30 days to three NGOs for homeless people. We are in touch with several organizations – please let us know if you know of an NGO that can make good use of bodywear.
by Allan PerrottetFebruary 19, 20202 min read0 Comments
Swiss sustainable bodywear brand, T-Bô, will introduce a “packaging-free” option during checkout for their eco-conscious customers in part of a broader vision to produce less waste and strengthen the brand’s core DNA of sustainability.
We are convinced that the successful brands of the future will be built ground up - not top-down - in a radically collaborative approach. T-Bô is the pioneer in this radically new approach by co-creating a brand for eco-conscious and active people. We make premium bodywear products from eco-friendly bamboo fibers that...